Cold showers have been used in many cultures for their health and beauty promoting and healing benefits. In regards to fertility, the main reason they are so beneficial is because reduce inflammation. Chronic inflammation is a significant culprit in sabotaging the ability to conceive as the immune system works overtime to wipe out the cause of the inflammation and sees all foreign bodies as a potential threat – sperm/embryo. For more tips on how to reduce inflammation inside the body, click here.
The easiest way to introduce cold showers into your morning routine is this –
1. Make the one good decision to do it daily – and stick to it no second guessing. It will become a habit you love and even look forward to within a few days. After a couple of weeks you won’t even think about it.
2. Have your warm/hot shower as normal.
3. 2-3 minutes of cold.Turn the tap to cold (as cold as it will go) The trick with cold showers is NOT to shock the body but to slowly introduce your body to the cold. So start with running the water over your hands, arms, feet, legs and breathe full deep breaths until your body acclimates to the cold. Then when ready run the water over the front of your body, back of your body, face and head. Breathe and run the water over your body for a full 2-3 minutes whilst telling your mind – “I love this, my body loves this!” (Remember: your mind believes everything you tell it and very soon you will love it and the wonderful benefits and effects you feel.)
Women and Cold Showers
Cold showers correct imbalanced menstruation, prevent early menopause, skin problems and they help you to keep a healthy glow, inside and outside.
1. Brings blood to the capillaries
2. Cleans the circulatory system
3. Reduces blood pressure on internal organs, flushing internal organs and giving them a new supply of blood
4. Strengthens the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems
5. Contracts the muscles and causes them to eliminate toxins and poisons more quickly
6. Brings the power of resistance and resilience to the body
7. Strengthens the mucous membranes
8. Keeps the skin young and shining
9. Prevents the body from developing an extra layer of fat, which affects the liver
10. Balances all the glands
11. Circulation and nerve problems can be prevented by regular cold showers.
Note: When menstruating, women should not take a cold shower. You body desires warmth at this time.
Thousands of people from all over the world already incorporate cold showers into their daily routines. The main benefits reported by people who take cold showers regularly are listed below:
For both men and women, cold showers may actually make it likelier for you to have kids.
One study found that men who are forced to stop taking hot showers experience a boost of nearly 500% in their sperm count just six months later! (Testes need cool environments, not warm hot baths)
More robust immune response
Scientific studies have found that taking a cold shower increases the amount of white blood cells in your body. These blood cells protect your body against diseases. Researchers believe that this process is related to an increased metabolic rate, which stimulates the immune response.
Reduced stress levels
Regularly taking cold showers imposes a small amount of stress on your body, which leads to a process called hardening. This means that your nervous system gradually gets used to handling moderate levels of stress. The hardening process helps you to stay calm next time you are in a stressful situation.
They Make You Less Emotional
Cold showers are may be an effective way to develop your focus, clarity, and overall calmness.
This is because they activate the oxygen in your body—and to relax in a cold shower means your body can be better adept at relaxing in any environment, making you more in touch with your rational self.
They wipe out Depression
Researchers have suggested that cold showers can stimulate the area in your brain that produces noradrenaline, the key chemical in resisting depression. There is also the electroshock that the sudden cold shower does to your brain, sending impulses all over your brain that may help beat depression.
Another study suggested that cold showers increase beta-endorphin levels in the blood. They send significant electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which may have an anti-depressant effect.
Higher level of alertness
Cold showers wake your body up, creating a higher level of alertness. The cold also stimulates you to take deeper breaths, decreasing the level of CO2 throughout the body, helping you concentrate. Cold showers keep you ready and focused throughout the day.
It takes a strong mind to endure the cold for extended periods of time. By incorporating cold showers into your daily routine, you are strengthening your willpower which benefits all aspects of your daily life. What better way to build your willpower than by disciplining yourself into doing something you don’t want to do and then making it a daily habit? Discipline and willpower are like muscles, the more you exercise them, the stronger they become.
Research has shown that cold showers (and exposure to cold in general), increases the metabolic rate directly and stimulates the generation of brown fat. Brown fat is a specific type of fat tissue that generates energy by burning calories. As a consequence, cold showers are an effective tool for people who are looking release weight. When the body feels cold, the brown fat goes into overdrive, burning 15 times faster than it would have.
Finishing with a cold shower makes your skin glow, your hair shine and elevates your mood!
If you are looking for support and further advice on how to prepare your body and mind for pregnancy, why not consider registering with us for a free initial consultation!